Sower: Seeds of Faith & Finance
Sower: Seeds of Faith & Finance
Dear Finance and Stewardship Chairs (cc: to Pastors),
Please see the information below on an important program being led by Ed Ruppmann and let him know if you are interested in learning more about it. Ed and his team are currently scheduling fall education sessions and wlll be happy to meet with your church to explain the program in detail.
Simply send Ed an e-mail saying "I'm interested" at email@example.com or call him at 516-364-1151.
You are receiving this email as you are responsible for managing your church's finances. We have very exciting news. We have created a new program called Sower: Seeds of Faith & Finance. The program is designed to reach out directly to the members of your church to help them get back on solid financial ground. Once the congregation is educated, they are empowered to achieve financial wellness and, in turn, are better positioned to support their church.
The program has a proven track record of success. District Superintendent, Betsy Ott, former pastor of Lake Ronkonkoma UMC and Park Ave. UMC says the following:
"Your program is the most positive thing going on in this conference relating to stewardship that I've seen in a long time." You're doing a wonderful job. FYI our giving here has gone up in the past year and we are increasing in the number of pledgers. There is a much better sense of stewardship as a way of life and of the need for stability in giving so the church has stability in funding ministries. Blessings, Betsy"
Please check out our new webpage at http://www.nyac.com/sower
We have had a very successful first half in 2014 with this program and I thought I would give you a brief recap of what we accomplished.
1. Conducted 7 seminars at the following churches: 1 Bayort UMC, NY, 2 Katonah UMC, NY, 3 Hyde Park UMC, NY 4 Hampton Bays UMC – NY, 5 Bethel UMC – Staten Island, NY, 6 Hempstead UMC –NY, 7 New Rochelle UMC, NY
2. Educated over 200 church members about their finances and about fundamentals stewardship concepts so that they can become better stewards and disciples of Jesus Christ.
3. Received 20 free will offerings totaling $7,500 from those who took advantage of the financial planning program. These funds go directly to the churches that participated in the program.
4. Generated $100,000 in bequests as we asked families to consider leaving something to their church in their will.
5. No cost for these seminars as it is part of the Frontier Foundation and Connectional Ministries education program.
6. Overall since 2006, bequests now total $5.4 million.
7. Free will offerings now total $103 thousand, up 6.4% so far from last year.
8. Educated over 1300 people since 2006.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM. WE ARE SCHEDULING EARLY FALL EDUCATION PROGRAMS BEGINNING IN SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER, 2014.
WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MEET WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF YOUR CHURCH TO EXPLAIN THE PROGRAM IN GREATER DETAIL. SIMPLY SEND ME AN E-MAIL AND SAY "I'M INTERESTED.” I CAN BE CONTACTED AT EDRUPP50@GMAIL.COM OR AT 516-364-1151.
Thanks Very Much,