Youth Ambassadors For Mission
What is Y A M? - Youth Ambassadors for Mission
Youth from each district of the New York conference form a volunteers in mission team and travel to a different country to serve the community and the church.
Each youth receives financial support from local church, district and the conference. Upon return youth give inspiring presentations about the impact of the mission trip experience on their lives.
The Youth Ambassador program is intended to strengthen the faith journeys of our youth, and to provide a cross-cultural experience for sharing and learning from young people around the globe. This mission trip continues to be a life-changing experience for the teens in the conference.
What to Expect on YAM Trip
- Youth lead devotion and reflection
- Physical construction work
- Play games with local children and youth
- Excursion day
- Mission education day
- To develop youth leadership for mission
- To inspire youth in the Wesleyan tradition of spiritual service
- To provide a unique learning opportunity for youth in a different culture
- To offer youth a spiritual encounter with Christ through serving others in a strange culture