2021 HEALTHY TRANSITIONS WORKSHOP
Join Bishop Thomas J. Bickerton, Resident Bishop of the New York Annual Conference, on Saturday, May 22, 2021 from 9:00am—12:00pm for an interactive exploration of the tools and tactics that can assist in an intentional and successful transition into new appointments and the future growth of your ministry.
This workshop is essential for all New York Annual Conference:
- Incoming and outgoing pastors;
- Lay Leaders;
- SPRC Chairpersons and Members;
- Church Council Chairperson and Members.
This new and intentional training is one of several that will lay the groundwork newly appointed pastors and congregations need to ensure a positive and healthy transition.
This meeting will be participatory and highly-engaged—including breakout discussions, time to explore with our NYAC Director of Leadership Development and Intercultural Competency, Rev. Doris K. Dalton, and a Q&A with Bishop Bickerton.
Topics covered will include:
- Managing the Grief Process;
- Healthy Goodbyes and Welcoming Hellos;
- Setting Healthy Boundaries;
- Preparing for a Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural appointment and more.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the meeting.