We are nearing the June 2023 Annual Conference at Hofstra, the first time we have gathered together in person as a Conference since 2019. So much has happened during these Covid-19 years between 2019 and today. I hope you come to Annual Conference with the spirit of our theme Stronger Together.
This email is to offer and remind you of some things to remember – so that when you enter the Arena on Friday you will be ready for a time of “holy conferencing”.
- Conference will begin at 10:00am at the David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex - Hofstra University, Hofstra University, 245 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549
- Check-in – will begin at 8:00am on Friday. Look for the proper signage and you will be done quickly.
- Housing – if you are staying on Hofstra campus, Hofstra conference services personnel will be available to give you your room key and meal card in the check in area of the Arena on Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. If you arrived after 6:00 pm you may pick up your room key and meal card on the Student Center room 112.
- Some of you who are traveling a long distance are coming on Thursday afternoon. If you are arriving on Thursday, you may pick up your room key and meal card at a table set up in in the atrium of the Student Center from 10am to 6pm. For those who must arrive after 6pm, you should go to the Hospitality Center, Room 112 – it is an office behind the Gift Shop. They will be available until 10pm. A reminder that there is no on campus dinner on Thursday or breakfast on Friday. There are many places to get something to eat very near Hofstra.
- Asylum Kits – be prepared to bring them to the designated area in the Arena on Friday. These kits will be shipped out by Saturday to the churches in our Conference working to make lives better.
- Prayer Tents – you will have the opportunity to engage in different forms of prayer during Annual Conference, prayer tents will be available on the mezzanine of the Arena.
- Electronic Devices – we will vote via GNTV as we did during our Zoom Conferences. Have your electronic devices (laptops, tablets, smart phone) with you and be sure they are charged.
- The Arena can get very cool – make sure you have a sweater.
- Hofstra has advised us that no wheel chairs are permitted on the floor of the Arena – this is a university safety issue. There will be a reserved accessibility space on the main mezzanine level behind the center bleachers.
- All documents will be on the Conference Website – we will not be printing documents – all reports will available before you come to AC – if you want paper copies – print them and bring them with you. www.nyac.com/2023-annual-conference
- Hofstra Housing does provide linen for your use – with air conditioning it might be wise to bring an extra blanket. You may also want to bring your own bed linen and towels. Do not forget toiletries, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water bottles, medicines and other items that would make your stay more comfortable.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
We are all looking forward to our time together!
Grace and Peace,