Bishop's Convocation 2020
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 2, 2020*
“I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it? I have put roads in deserts, streams in thirsty lands.” – Isaiah 43:19 (Contemporary English Version)
God is doing a new thing in the life of the New York Annual Conference!
In 2020, we respectfully ask that you forget everything you’ve ever known, heard or thought about the NYAC Bishop’s Convocation. We’ve taken the comments offered by clergy at previous gatherings to heart and revamped this year’s meeting to include:
- New and more engaging ways for you to commune and bond with fellow clergy, while sharing and reflecting on your lives, ministries, struggles and triumphs.
- Small setting occasions to connect with Bishop Thomas J. Bickerton.
- Sessions that will allow you to learn from noted experts and productively engage on matters of importance to the life of our churches and denomination.
- A flexible schedule to allow for more time for family and relaxation.
- More time to meet members of the conference leadership team and discover how they can help you take your church and congregation to the next level.
- Plenty of on-site ways to have fun with your family in a convenient, approachable and family-friendly venue.
Developing Fearless Clergy Leaders
It will be a fruitful time for all. So, please join us for a unique opportunity to meet, learn and grow with Bishop Bickerton, your fellow NYAC clergy, members of the conference leadership team, and noted professionals in the field of clergy coaching and leadership.
This special three-day event has been planned to include ample time for focused discussion, professional and spiritual development, one-on-one and peer group coaching, worship, fellowship, reflection, relaxation and more.
Remember: When clergy take time off for learning and strengthening relationships, they return to their faith communities with deeper faith, viable preaching and clarity of commitment to serve. It’s promised to be a fruitful and inspiring time for clergy.
*EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS ON FEBRUARY 2, 2020. Any registrations after Feb 2 will be “as available” at the hotel.
Scheduled Facilitators/Speakers Include:
Rev. Dr. Gregory C. Ellison
Rev. Gregory C. Ellison II is an associate professor of pastoral care and counseling at Emory University Candler School of Theology. His teaching draws from his work with Fearless Dialogues, a grassroots community empowerment initiative he co-founded to create unique spaces for young people and community to have hard, heartfelt conversations on difficult subjects.
During Rev. Dr. Ellison’s session you will learn how to create unique spaces for unlikely partners to engage in conversations that reveal gifts in others, hear value in stories, and work for change and positive transformation in self and other.
Dr. J. Val Hastings
Dr. J. Val Hastings, a master certified coach, is the founder and president of Coaching4Today’sLeaders and Coaching4Clergy. Val hired his first coach while he was pastoring at a local United Methodist Church. In that moment, a vision began to emerge – a global vision of Every Leader a Coach. Dr. Hastings has developed four coach training programs that are accredited and approved to the highest level by the International Coach Federation.
Dr. Hastings’ session will focus on encouraging clergy introspection and reflection on your development, expectations and and role as leaders in the New York Annual Conference.
|Register Now →|