Electronic Giving through Vanco
Electronic Giving through Vanco
I am very sorry for the trouble many of you have had trying to view this video. The password given to me by Vanco was incorrect.
Pasted below is a link to the video that requires no password to view!
Dear Treasurers, Finance Chairs & Stewardship Chairs (copy to pastors)
The General Council on Finance and Administration of the United Methodist Church has recently expanded their relationship with Vanco Payment Solutions, a provider of giving technology for faith based organizations, to help churches strengthen financial stewardship.
Through their Empowering Generosity program, Vanco encourages and facilitates the adoption of electronic giving to enable churches – and their members – to fulfill their mission and ministries.
Attached to this e-mail is a presentation from Vanco describing the Empowering Generosity program (including rates), testimonials from other United Methodist Churches and a case study.
More information from Vanco appears below.
Electronic giving has been adopted widely enough and long enough to accumulate compelling data to support its positive impact on giving. As one example, Vanco recently studied a group of 2,344 churches with average weekly attendance between 100-250. Of the congregations studied, those that accepted both electronic checks and credit cards realized 26% greater total income than those accepting just cash and personal checks. If only electronic checks were accepted and not credit or debit cards, total income was 14% higher. While not a guarantee of increased donation income, these findings combined with the appetite of members for easy to use donation options make this a win-win for churches and members alike.
How does a church get started?
- Call Vanco at 800.675.7430, ask for sales, mention the Empowering Generosity program or that you are a UMC church OR
- Email Sales@VancoPayments.com mention the Empowering Generosity program or that you are a UMC church OR
- Use this link to schedule a call with a Vanco representative
The Empowering Generosity program is designed to make it as easy as possible to get started. You’ll be guided thru choosing a giving plan that is sized appropriately for your congregation, and there will be:
- NO startup fee on any plan*
- NO monthly fees for 1 year when you choose the Start plan*
- NO monthly fees for 3 months when you choose from Grow, Sustain or Thrive plan
- Fast Application Process: Pre-populated application for most churches makes it really quick and easy to get set up – be sure to ask if your church’s application has been pre-completed!
*Sign-up for an e-Giving plan by 6/30/2017 and Vanco will waive the startup fee on any plan AND your first 12 months of plan service fees for the Start plan or your first 3 months of plan service fees for the Grow, Sustain or Thrive plans. Total savings based on plan selection. If purchasing supplemental services or equipment, the respective one-time and service fees apply. Transaction fees apply. Offer is not valid for other Vanco products or services and cannot be combined. Offer expires 6/30/2017.
Files: vancopresentation.pdf casestudy.pdf testimonials.pdf