Churches in our conference, along with UMC agencies are welcome to add classifieds to this page. To place a classified ad, please go here to send the information via email.
Director of Children's Ministries
Published: September 20, 2019
HA:N UMC—a new church founded in January 2019—is a progressive congregation formed by a community of Korean Americans. The Director of Children's Ministries will disciple and educate children of all ages, work with church and families in the inclusive love of Jesus Christ and create a vibrant progressive children’s ministry that is part of a multi-generational and integrative ministry.
- Recruit, train and coordinates workers for Children’s Ministry
- Communicates the needs of the children’s ministry to the church and senior pastor
- Coordinates and provides leadership in developing family ministry focused on children activities.
- Attend staff meetings and team/council meetings
- Coordinates childcare for services, meetings, and events.
- Participates in the life and worship of the Congregation
- Oversees Sunday School education for children, including finding and creating appropriate curriculum.
- Supervision – Senior pastor
- Annual Performance Review – Senior pastor and SPPRC
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in creating a progressive children’s ministry
- Is LGBTQ+ affirming and intentional and sensitive to education regarding gender and gender identities.
- Knowledge and experience in progressive Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice.
- Understands Wesleyan theology and polity.
- Understanding and familiarity with Asian American identity and community.
Work Schedule: Part time to grow into full time.
Education: MDIv preferred or BA and experience in children’s ministries.
Please email for additional information or to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.