Rhonda R. Taylor
“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 1:6
Reverend Rhonda R. Taylor has spiritual gifts that have enabled her to be a blessing to others through the channels of service, teaching, prayer, proclamation, evangelism and visitation.
A graduate of North Carolina Central University, Rev. Taylor holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Divinity from New York Theological Seminary. While in seminary, she successfully completed a yearlong internship with Youth Turn, an intervention program for at-risk youth at the First Baptist Church of Crown Heights in Brooklyn.
Rev. Taylor’s answered her call to ministry in 1995 and began her spiritual journey at the Springfield Gardens United Methodist Church in Jamaica, Queens, New York, where she served as a Ministerial Assistant under the pastoral leadership of the Rev. Dr. Cecil B. Stone.
She has also served:
- Cutchogue United Methodist Church in Cutchogue, New York, where she was Senior Pastor and active in the Mattituck-Cutchogue Clergy Association;
- First & Wesley United Methodist Church in West Haven, Connecticut; and
- United Methodist Church of Hartford.
Rev. Taylor has been able to share her gifts of ministry within the New York Annual Conference in various capacities, including:
- Commission on Religion and Race;
- DCOM in the Connecticut District for seven years
- Mentor and a member of the Board of Ordained Ministry (BOOM) When she is not attending to her pastoral/ministerial duties, Rev. Taylor enjoys reading, working out, museums, engaging in racial justice issues, cooking, dancing and traveling.
Bridgeport: Golden Hill
210 Elm St
Bridgeport, CT 06604-4115