Pastor Ross Topliff grew up in the United Methodist Church. Despite the fact that his father was a pastor (or perhaps because of it), Pastor Ross was determined to remain as an active lay person in the church.
It was a plan that worked until he agreed to answer God’s call into a deeper ministry in 2000. Pastor Ross is working toward completion of a Course of Study at Wesley Seminary in Washington, D.C.
As a licensed local pastor with the New York Annual Conference, Pastor Topliff has served:
- Hudson Highlands Cooperative Parish (2015-2020);
- Monroe United Methodist Church (2017-2020);
- Sloatsburg UMC (2016–2020); and
- Parish Certified Lay Minister (2015–2016).
Pastor Ross has served in just about every administrative capacity in the local church, including:
- Chair, District Committee on Ministries;
- Lay Speaker;
- Conference Usher, Conference Usher Chair (2015-present)
- Choir, worship leader, Administrative Council chair, Trustees, Lay Leader, Lay Member to Annual Conference, SPPRC (ex-officio), Membership & Evangelism, Stewardship & Finance Committee and Sunday School teacher at Gardnertown United Methodist Church
Pastor Ross encourages his congregations to develop a new vision for their future and discover how they can be a beacon of hope in their communities as he leads them in worship, study, and service.
When he is not pastoring his churches, Pastor Ross works as a professional engineer consultant with a specialty in chemical engineering. He holds a Master of Science (MS) in Chemical Engineering from the University of Michigan and Master of Science in the Management of Technology from Stevens Institute of Technology.
In his spare time, Pastor Ross enjoys gardening and choral music.
PO Box 164
Mountainville, NY 10953
198 Main St
Cornwall, NY 12518-1514
Fort Montgomery: Hudson Highlands
PO Box 32
Highland Falls, NY 10928
654 Route 32
Highland Mills, NY 10930