Crystal S. Paul Watson
Reverend Crystal Paul-Watson has a heart of love for all people. Her background and range of experience in diverse settings have shaped her approach to leadership within the local church.
Rev. Paul-Watson received a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Education from Cortland State University and earned a Master of Arts (MA) in Education Leadership from New Paltz University.
She also holds a Master of Divinity (MDiv) from Drew University, where she benefited from a unique seminary experience that included studying pastoral counseling in South Korea and working with the United Methodist Committee on Relief on mission relief in Puerto Rico.
While completing an internship as a high school Vice-Principal, she was tapped to serve as a licensed local pastor in New York’s Warwick Valley. Rev. Paul-Watson answered the call wholeheartedly and has since served at:
- New Milford-Edenville United Methodist Church (2014-2020); and
- Grace at Ridgebury United Methodist Church (2018-2020)
- Planned, implemented and taught Confirmation, Sunday School and Bible classes;
- Organized community outreach and worship events in untraditional settings such as coffee houses;
- Served as a Youth Pastor and a Pastor of Christian Education early in her call while teaching English at city schools in Albany and Syracuse;
- Worked with the New York Annual Conference’s Missions coordinator offering her gift of mission, publishing and design;
- Secured and implemented funding for multiple initiatives that impact diverse populations to unite in common goals that address the needs of poverty stricken communities; and
- Received several awards, among them the Global Ministries Earthkeepers Commissioning Certificate (2019) and the New York Annual Conference Merit Award (2017 and 2019).
Rev. Paul-Watson is married to Rev. Derrick Watson and mother to Zyanna Rain. Raised in a large, musical, Christian family, she is the fifth oldest of eleven siblings. She loves singing harmony with her siblings in a gospel group called Faithlock. She also loves nature, family time, the arts (music, visual arts, and liturgical dance) and has basic Spanish langage proficiency.
A published author, Rev. Paul Watson expresses herself through writing. She is also the co-founder and co-director of Creators’ Haven, a group of multicultural women artists who come together to support one another and address justice issues through art.
571 Farmington Ave
Hartford, CT 06105