This three-day training meets the requirement set at the 2018 New York Annual Conference requiring a minimum of 10 hours of training to address the on-going challenge of racism. It is sponsored by the Conference Commission on Religion and Race (CCORR). The requirement (applicable every four years) applies to all:
- District superintendents
- Conference staff
- Conference and district-level positions
- Lay leaders (district and local)
- Lay servants
- Staff Parish Relations Committee chairs; and
- Ministry candidates
Dates and Times:
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6-9 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 1, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m
The Center at Mariandale, 299 N. Highland Avenue, Ossining, N.Y. 10562
Lodging and meals (the first will be served on Thursday evening) will be provided.
Attendance is FREE for all those affiliated with the New York Conference. CCORR covers the full cost of the training, but a $250 refundable deposit is necessary to secure your place and complete your registration. This fee will be returned to NYAC registrants after training is completed. Registrants who do not attend, or do not cancel within two weeks of the training will forfeit the $250.
Participants from outside the New York Conference are welcome to attend. Fees for those participants are as follows:
- Registrants from another United Methodist conference: $250. A $250 deposit is required, but $100 will be refunded after the training is complete. CCORR leadership is willing to work with participants and their conferences to find funding as needed.
- Registrants not affiliated with the United Methodist Church: $250.
Participants must be present throughout the three days to receive credit for the training.
Questions: Please contact Rev. Sheila Beckford with any questions you may have about the conference – including those relating to financial hardship.