All persons currently engaged in NYAC global mission initiatives, local churches with global mission projects, or those interested in knowing more about global mission opportunities are invited to a day of “Visioning NYAC Mission for 2020.” The format will be discussion rather than presentation-based, and the goal is to envision a strategic plan for the New York Conference global missions ministry.
The agenda will be:
- Opening group discussion – What does effective “mission” look like? What does development look like? What is a true mission partnership?
- NYAC Global Ministries 2020: current state of NYAC global missions
- NYAC Global Ministries 2020: what are the possibilities and challenges? Break-out into mission-specific groups to discuss plans and ideas.
- Group discussion: How do we make those possibilities a reality – mission journeys, communication, funding, etc..
- Setting the agenda for Global Missions 2020
Small group break-outs will include:
- NYAC – Mozambique Partnership
- Mountains of Hope for Haiti
- Caribbean Mission Partnership including Bahamas
- Youth: Youth Ambassadors – UMARMY – ASP
- Puerto Rico – “Church to Church” connection: Maunabo
- Others as identified
- Some may be combined depending upon size
Date: October 26
Location: Conference Center
Time: 10 AM to 3 PM
Lunch and “other” will be provided