April 21-23, 2020
CrossRoads anti-racism training strives to create and strengthen structures of accountability to people and communities of color and other socially oppressed groups, both within the institution and in the wider community.
All districts are invited to attend this training on April 21-23, 2020 at:
Maron Hotel & Suites
42 Lake Avenue Extension
Danbury CT 06811
CrossRoads Anti-racism training is MANDATORY for all New York Annual Conference (NYAC):
- Conference- and district-level positions;
- Lay Leaders (district and local);
- Lay servants and lay ministers;
- Staff Parish Relations Committee Chairs;
- Candidates for ministry; and
- Cabinet Members.
Scheduled training days/times:
April 21 and 22: 8:00am – 5:00pm
April 23: 8am - 2pm
Cost to Attend:
- FREE for members of the New York Annual Conference.
The Conference Commission on Religion & Race (CCORR) will pay for this training. However, ALL prospective attendees must pay a $250.00 deposit to hold a spot. This deposit will be refunded to NYAC attendees after completion of the training. Registrants who cancel within two weeks of the training, will forfeit their deposit.
- $150.00 for United Methodists from another Conference. CCORR leadership is willing to work with out of town attendees and their Conferences to locate funding as needed.
The aforementioned $250 deposit is required for registration, with a refund of $100 returned after completion of the training.
- $250.00 for registrants who are not affiliated with the United Methodist Church. We encourage all who want to participate in our trainings to register, but please note that non-UMC affiliates must pay the full registration fee.
For additional information and answers to any questions you may have (including those on hardship funding for this event) please email: Sheila Beckford.
The event is first-come first-served, and 40 seats are available.