Just a reminder that you need to record your Call to Action goals online.
Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to www.UMvitalcongregations.org and click on the “Setting Goals” Tab
- Click “Congregations: Click here to set your Goals”
- At the top of the page you’ll find an explanation and instruction on setting goals.
- Below the instructions are three boxes that allow you to search for your church by location, conference, or general church number.
- If you select a church by location or conference, you’ll be asked to select your church from a list.
- Your historical data, goals and projections will be shown.
- To enter your data, simply click on each box and start typing. You can easily switch from one blank to the next by hitting the tab key, or clicking each box with your mouse.
- Once you’ve entered your goals, put in your first and last name and an email address to contact you.
- Once your information is entered, your DS or conference staff will go in to review your goals and validate the entries. Once goals are validated, they are locked in and cannot be changed.
We’ll need to set up your “Vital Signs” account for tracking your progress towards those goals.
In order to get you set up, we’ll need you to send an email to email@example.com to provide:
Name of your church
Beginning in January, an email will be sent every Monday to the address you provide.
In that email, there will be a link to a Web page where you can quickly provide the totals for the six metrics we are measuring:
Name of person who will be doing the reporting
- Total worship attendance at all regularly held weekly services
- Total number of persons received into the church by profession of faith
- Total number of persons actively engaged in small groups
- Total number of persons from the congregation engaged in local, national and international mission/outreach
- Total amount given by local church to other organizations for support of benevolent and charitable ministries
- Total offering received this week through pledges and offerings
For more information about Vital Congregations, click here>>