NYAC Immigration Task Force
Welcome to the NYAC Immigration Task Force
The Immigration Task Force invites you to do everything possible to protect the life and dignity of those that God has called us to care for, “the least of these.” Jesus was very clear about our call as his followers on how to treat the stranger among us, "because I was a stranger and you welcomed me."
United Methodist Stand on Immigration:
Rights of Immigrants (UMC Social Principles)
We recognize, embrace, and affirm all persons, regardless of country of origin, as members of the family of God. We affirm the right of all persons to equal opportunities for employment, access to housing, health care, education, and freedom from social discrimination. We urge the Church and society to recognize the gifts, contributions, and struggles of those who are immigrants and to advocate for justice for all. We oppose immigration policies that separate family members from each other or that include detention of families with children, and we call on local churches to be in ministry with immigrant families. http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/the-social-community
The NYAC Immigration Task Force:
Is an advocacy branch of the New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church whose primary task is to engage with the realities our Immigrant and Refugee friends face in their daily lives. ITF serves as an active community of voices that come together to Advocate for the rights of Immigrants/Refugees, through careful LISTENING, EDUCATION and PARTNERSHIP.
Immigration Task Force Areas of Focus:
- Sanctuary Churches Network
- Local, Jurisdictional, National and Global
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Call to Action
- Prayer Vigils
- Public Engagements
- Call your reprentatives
- Educational Trainings
- How to get involved with ITF
- How to do Lobbying and Advocacy
- Sanctuary Churches Trainings
- Accompaniment Trainings
- Immigrant Welcoming Communities Trainings
- Know Your Rights - NEW YORK JFON (Justice for Our Neighbors)
UMC Stand on Immigration:
- FAITH AND FACT CARD ABOUT IMMIGRATION IN THE USA.
- Book of Resolutions: Welcoming the Migrant to the US
Becoming a Sanctuary Church
- Sanctuary Not Deportation: A Faithful Witness Building A Welcoming Community
- Discernment Guide for Congregations that wants to become a Sanctuary
- Fact Sheet -- What It Means to serve as a Sanctuary Church
- Accompaniment Program
- For more information about how to become a Sanctuary Church please email Karina Feliz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Methodist Women Resources
- Mission Church and Society's Tool Kit to End Family Detention and Family Separation
- Films about Immigrants
- Understanding TPS
- Study Guides
- Immigrant Welcoming Communities
- New York Justice for Our Neighbor Clinics
- Know Your Rights - keep informed with the latest Know Your Rights Information.
- Door Hanger
- What to Do If Your Are Stopped
- After the Arrest - What Next?
- Matthew 25 Movement Immigration Toolkit
- Global Migration
- Protect Immigrant Youth Now
- Lastest News On DACA
- UMW - Campaign to End Family Detention
- How To Challenge Anti-Immigration Laws
- Immigrant and Refugee Children
- Interfaith Toolkit to Defend Temporary Protective Status (TPS)
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition Webinars and more
Recursos en Espanol
- Postal de La Fe y Los Hechos - GBCS
- Conozca Sus Derechos
- Folleto para la Puerta
- Los Derechos de los Inmigrantes
- Despues del Arresto
Partners In Ministry:
For More Information: please...
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Contact Sara Giron-Ortiz and Rosa Larios, Joint Chairpersons of the Immigration Task Force.