Prison Ministry & Advocacy
Help End Long Term Solitary Confinement
New Yorkers! Please consider joining us!
- CALL Governor Cuomo at 518-474-8390 and tell him: "I am a New Yorker, and I oppose solitary confinement. We need the progressive reforms in the HALT Solitary Confinement Act (S.1623/A.2500) to end torture and create more humane and effective alternatives. I ask that you and the legislature enact the HALT Act immediately."
- CALL Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins at 518-455-2585 / 914-423-4031. Tell her: “I'm a New Yorker. I’m calling to thank you for your ongoing support of the HALT Solitary Confinement Act, S.1623/A2500. I urge you to pass HALT - AS IS - immediately so we can finally end this torture. People are suffering and we can wait no longer! I also urge you to pass a whole slate of changes to the injustice system, including related to pre-trial justice, parole release consideration, and more."
- CALL the following Senators: "I am a New Yorker and I am urging the Senator to cosponsor the HALT Solitary Confinement Act (S.1623/A.2500). I whole-heartedly support this bill, and I hope that the Senator will sign on and urge fellow Senators to pass the HALT bill as is – without watering down any of its protections. We are counting on the Senate to end this torture. Will the Senator sign on as a cosponsor? I also urge the Senator to support a whole slate of changes to the injustice system, including pre-trial justice, parole release consideration, and more."
Sen Metzger: (845) 344-3311; (518) 455-2400
Sen Gaughran: (516) 922-1811; (518) 455-3250
Sen Lanza: (718) 984-4073; (518) 455-3215
Sen Felder: (718) 253-2015; (518) 455-2754
Sen Boyle: (631) 665-2311; (518) 455-3411
Sen Kennedy: 716-826-2683; 518-455-2426
- FIND your legislators at http://openstates.org/find_
- POST on Facebook and TWEET using #HALTsolitary and @NYGovCuomo