Web Site Terms & Privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We thank you for the trust that you place in us and we want you to know that any information you share with us will be treated with care. Authorized employees within the Conference on a need-to-know basis ONLY may use information collected from individual Visitors. The only information we collect about you on this Web site is that which you provide if you use our Contact Us form, if you sign up for our e-newsletters, or if you register for an event hosted by the NYAC.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Only Visitors who requested to be added to our mailing list will receive emails from us, with the exception of those who registered for an event. Event registrants will receive emails via our event registration system to confirm that the registration was received and may receive follow-up information about the event for which they registered.
Data about lay members of our Conference is collected through a subsidiary Web site, the "Church Dashboard." If you opted in to receive email communications from your church, your email address may be provided to the Conference by your church. The use of this data is as stated on the page that provides churches instructions on how to fill out their "Charge Conference Summary Form." And, again, only authorized employees within the Conference, on a need-to-know basis, may use information collected from that form. Those uses are repeated here:
What will the Conference do with this information?
- Lay and Reserve Members will receive the emailed Call to Conference each year, along with other communications regarding Annual Conference.
- Treasurers and Finance Chairs will receive important information from our Conference Treasurer's staff.
- Chairs/leaders of certain committees will receive targeted email messages applicable to their position.
- Folks within the Conference and Districts will be able to reach out to your leaders in appropriate, position-specific ways
If you are receiving emails from the Conference, you can "unsubscribe" to these messages by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the message, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be unsubscribed. Your email address will either be removed from the list from which you've asked to be unsubscribed, or to all bulk email communications from the Conference, whichever you choose.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this Web site are only available within the United States, or in relation to postings from the United States. Although we are careful to provide appropriate information, you are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. The Conference does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this Web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Conference:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this Web site and its contents which is or may be provided by any third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this Web site and/or the Church’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this Web site. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Church of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your rights as a consumer are affected.
Links from this Web site
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s Web sites to which we may link from this Web site. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such Web sites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our Visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Conference will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text relating to the full content of this Web site.
The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark, and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the GCFA, Attn: Legal Department, PO Box 340029, Nashville, TN 37203-0029; phone 615-369-2334; fax 615-369-2330.
We have many different e-mail addresses. These, and other contact information, can be found on the Conference Staff page on our Web site>> or via Conference literature or via the Conference's stated telephone or fax numbers.
© The New York Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, 2012, 2013, 2014
All Rights Reserved