Youth Service Fund

Youth Service FundWhat is the Youth Service Fund?

It is money collected by youth to help fund projects led by youth that will benefit youth.

We collect money via various Conference youth events (such as IGNITE). Of those funds, 30% is sent to the national Youth Service Fund and is distributed by youth through the Division on Ministries with Youth People. The remaining 70% is put to use right here in our Conference. It is distributed by youth through our Conference Council on Youth Ministries.

Who can apply for funding?

Projects that benefit youth (primarily ages 12-18) can qualify. Desirable projects will have significant youth leadership. Preference will be given to projects associated with a United Methodist Church, but any youth organization can apply, such a Scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs, YMCA, and so forth.

What is the process?

Applications must be received in writing, by mail, not later than April 15. The applications will be reviewed by the Conference Council on Youth Ministry. Grants will be presented at Annual Conference in June.

Click here to download the application.